UPDATE: The position has been filled.
We are seeking a detail-oriented and personable individual to work as a Legal Assistant. Our office is located in downtown Juneau, Alaska.
As a legal assistant, you will often be the first point of contact for our firm. You’ll be entrusted with day-to-day client interactions, new case intakes, requesting records, and filing and serving documents. The work requires great organizational ability as well as people skills. Excellent written and verbal communication are crucial. Comfort with computers is also required.
Be a part of a highly focused team that takes pride in their work. There's opportunity for advancement and importantly the chance to make a profound impact in people’s lives.
· The position is full time (40 hours a week) with a four-week, half-day initial training and evaluation period (20 hours a week)
· $16/hour starting salary with first performance review at six months with opportunity for salary increase based on performance
· Health insurance stipend is provided for the employee after 90 days of full time (requires proof of insurance)
· Paid holidays and two weeks (10 business days) of vacation per year. Starting in 2018, additional two weeks of vacation in August (scheduled by firm)
· Start date: May 1, 2017.
· No work experience required, although you must be a self-starter
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
· Familiarity with medical records not required but a big plus
· Professional demeanor and strong verbal and writing skills
Contact: Please email email@example.com for more information. Please include a brief statement about why you are interested in the position and a current resume or CV.